BOARD GAME CONSIGNMENT
HOW DOES IT WORK?
The Haunted Game Cafe now features a Used Board Games section, full of gently used games at great prices. Used games are sold on a consignment basis. Each item (or set of items) has an accompanying condition report, completed by the seller, full of helpful information about the games’ condition and completeness. Swing on by and check out the offerings – they change all the time!
Want to sell your gently used games at The Haunted Game Cafe? Read on!
- We are currently accepting used board games and RPG books to sell. Miniatures, novels, toys, dice, and collectibles are currently not being accepted.
- A seller is limited to five items for sale in our Used Games section.
- Within reason, the seller may sell a “set” of items as a single item (such as a game plus expansions, or a set of RPG books). These items will be shrinkwrapped together and presented and sold as a single item.
- The seller must complete a Used Game Submission Form for each item sold. You can download this form and bring it in, or we will have copies available at the store. The seller is expected to be honest about the condition of their item. Haunted Game Cafe staff will review the Submission Form and suggest changes if we deem them appropriate. These forms will be available to view by potential buyers.
- The seller determines a single asking price for the item. Please mark your sale price in whole dollars if possible (but this is not required). This price will be non-negotiable and The Haunted Game Cafe will only sell that item at that price. We will not break up item sets.
- Upon submission, within a reasonable amount of time, Haunted Game Cafe staff will prepare the used game for sale. We will attach a Used Game Sale note (Post-It note adhesive only) to the item and shrink wrap the item before shelving. This note includes the asking price of the game and a summary of the Submission Form condition report.
- Once shelved, an item will be given at least 60 days to sell. After that time, The Haunted Game Cafe may ask that the seller take the item back. An unsold item may not be submitted for sale again for at least another 60 days. Failure to pick up an item more than 30 days after being asked to pick it up will be considered abandoned and become the property of The Haunted Game Cafe.
- Upon the sale of an item, the buyer will be given 3 days to return the item if he or she does not agree with the Submission Form condition report. This is the only condition under which we will accept a used game return.
- Three days after the sale (or as soon as possible after three days), the seller will receive a store credit for 80% of the asking price of the item, as submitted by the seller. The Haunted Game Cafe will process any Colorado Sales Tax associated with the purchase.
- The Haunted Game Cafe has the right to refuse to accept any item due to demand, condition, appropriateness, existing copies already for sale, or any other reason.
- A Used Game is sold on consignment and remains the property of the original owner until such a time as it sells or is removed from circulation. The Haunted Game Cafe does not purchase used games for resale.
- The Haunted Game Cafe will assume responsibility for the care of item while in our possession.
Please note that, due to the nature of how Used Games are made available and sold, the price of a Used Game may not be adjusted. This means that discounts or coupons may not be applied to Used Game purchases.
Download the Used Game Submission Form