The Fate Accessibility Toolkit is a new toolkit for Fate Core that brings characters with disabilities into your game and supports players with disabilities at your table. We’ve assembled a team from disabled communities to ensure that this book speaks to you from their real, lived experiences.
You’ll also want a copy of Fate Core, Fate Condensed, or Fate Accelerated to play; that said, we provide plenty of advice and perspectives you can use with any game system!
Inside the Fate Accessibility Toolkit you’ll find:
- An exploration of the challenges and experiences facing people with a variety of physical and mental disabilities, in their own words.
- Advice on compassionately and respectfully playing characters with disabilities, as well as strategies for welcoming disabled players to your game table.
- Discussion of specific disabilities, including blindness, D/deafness and hardness of hearing, mobility issues, dwarfism, chronic illness, autism, depression, anxiety, schizophrenia, bipolarity, and PTSD.
- Options for representing disability in the Fate system, using a mix of aspects, stunts, and conditions, and including an exploration of adaptive devices available to characters across a variety of settings.
- Appendices focused on creating safe spaces at your table, an ASL reference for common RPG terms, and a large-print character sheet for Fate Core.